The Ethereum blockchain’s core developers have set the launch date of the Ethereum Shanghai/Capella upgrade on the Sepolia test network.
- What: The Ethereum blockchain’s core developers have set the launch of the Shanghai-Capella upgrade on the Sepolia test network for 28 February 2023.
- Why: The Shapella upgrade is part of the various public testing stages to achieve the final upgrade, the Shanghai upgrade, which will occur in March.
- What Next: The upgrade will allow ether ($ETH) withdrawals from network validators, a feature that is not currently available.
The upgrade will be the second significant upgrade to be deployed after the Zhejiang testnet, following the public testnet. The Shanghai-Capella upgrade, or Shapella, will allow ether ($ETH) withdrawals from network validators, a feature that was unavailable during The Merge, the network’s switch from proof-of-work to proof-of-stake consensus. The developers completed the transition on 15 September 2022.
The upgrade involves changes to the execution layer (Shanghai) and the consensus layer (Capella). Shanghai is responsible for improving the execution layer of Ethereum, while Capella is responsible for upgrading the blockchain’s consensus layer. According to the announcement, the developers have scheduled the launch of the Shapella upgrade on the Sepolia network on 28 February 2023, at 4:04:48 AM UTC.
The upgrade is part of the various stages of an upcoming major upgrade in March. Once Shapella is deployed on the Sepolia testnet, developers will proceed to the final dress rehearsal phase on the Goerli testnet before the mainnet launch, scheduled for March. The upgrade may also impact the demand for ETH in the market. The price of Ethereum increased immediately after the activation of the Zhejiang testnet. Therefore, it is reasonable to anticipate an upward price movement upon the launch of the Shapella testnet.
Fight Out (FGHT) – Newest Move to Earn Project
- CertiK audited & CoinSniper KYC Verified
- Early Stage Presale Live Now
- Earn Free Crypto & Meet Fitness Goals
- LBank Labs Project
- Partnered with Transak, Block Media
- Staking Rewards & Bonuses